Wolf Gifts
Spend $25 or more in our gift shop to receive 15% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code SpringWolves to take advantage of this offer.  Every order will receive a free Wolf Magnet.  Howls!

Michigan DNRE Seeks Help from Public to Detect Presence of Wolves

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Michigan DNRE Seeks Help from Public to Detect Presence of Wolves
Michigan DNRE Seeks Help from Public to Detect Presence of Wolves
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

The Department of Natural Resources and Environment today announced it will conduct a survey in the northern Lower Peninsula Feb. 15 through March 14 to detect the presence of gray wolves in that region of the state.

"The purpose of the survey is to verify the presence of wolves both where we have previously confirmed animals and to detect new occurrences in other areas," said DNRE wildlife biologist Jennifer Kleitch. "Given the low probability of observing a wolf or tracks in the Lower Peninsula it's helpful to have as many eyes looking as possible. That's why public reports are so important."

click here for more: http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,1607,7-153--251527--,00.html

While they're at it, I hope they continue to look for the missing pup suspected of being poached.  One of the only two pups that exist there.  Sometimes I think that it is better that we don't know.  Better for the wolves that is.  more on that here WHAPlink

Posted:

I found a photo in this article of wolves being surveyed.  Wild, free, pristine forest and a camera.  They are looking right up at it.  Clearly, what doesn't belong?   

PHOTO

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Oh, Chris I agree.  I think that's the problem in Washington.  Everyone knows where they are.Sad

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:

I wanted to post this article because of the beautiful wolf pictured.

click here to see  Wow Female? Male? Old? Young? I dunno but Love

(The article is about the same topic regarding the a wolf population survey through Mar 14, the species' prime breeding season.)

"Top Predators Descend:  Lower Michigan Wolves Sighted; DNR Seeks Help in Survey"

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Beautiful Wolf, I'd say about 5-7 with a bit of arthritis in back hip and leg.  I think big female (a Chito tater) but it's just a guess.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this 3 Wolf Mens High Top Shoes
3 Wolf Mens High Top Shoes
View details for this Spirit Wolf Jean Jacket JR M
Spirit Wolf Jean Jacket JR M
View details for this Wolf Pup Print 8x10
Wolf Pup Print 8x10
View details for this Ladies Wolf V-Neck TShirt - XL
Ladies Wolf V-Neck TShirt - XL
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted