Wolf Gifts
Spend $25 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code SummerWolves to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Aerial wolf kill number limited by snow, lack of daylight

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> Aerial wolf kill number limited by snow, lack of daylight
Aerial wolf kill number limited by snow, lack of daylight
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Lack of snow and lack of daylight has combined to limit the killing of wolves in Interior game units as part of the state’s aerial predator control program.

As of Thursday morning, pilot-gunner teams with permits from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game to shoot wolves from the air or to land and shoot them had reported taking a total of 29 wolves...

The state has issued permits to pilot-gunner teams to shoot wolves from the air or land and shoot them in specific game management units for seven years.

WOLF NUMBERS

Here are the annual number of wolves reported taken by pilot/gunner teams in the past seven years as part of Alaska’s aerial predator control program. The annual totals do not include wolves shot by the Alaska Department of Fish and Game.

2003-04 — 142

2004-05 — 275

2005-06 — 153

2006-07 — 97

2007-08 — 124

2008-09 — 167

Broken Heart
Someday I hope to read the headline say aerial wolf kill banned.

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Those numbers are high. Puke  I'm glad the weather is preventing them from terrorizing the Wolves. Thumbs Up  Yes, I'm with  you we need to read that headline someday.  Another stone cold barbaric practice.  I don't know how these people sleep at night. Mad

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: wolfdog
Total Posts: 2202
Date Joined: 4/8/2007
Posted:

Very glad to hear the killers are having difficulty terminating the wolves. I also don't know how these people sleep at night...what they do is despicable. Mad

"If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered. They must be outshouted, outfinanced, and out voted. Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes."
~L. David Mech

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Misfits Long Sleeve Wolf T Shirt -XXL
Misfits Long Sleeve Wolf T Shirt -XXL
View details for this Wolf Stare Long Sleeve T Shirt - S
Wolf Stare Long Sleeve T Shirt - S
View details for this Hearts of those who Love Wolf Poster
Hearts of those who Love Wolf Poster
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted