Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Fish & Game Employee shoots wolf on JBER

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Fish & Game Employee shoots wolf on JBER
<< < 1 2 3 4 > >>
Fish & Game Employee shoots wolf on JBER
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Here is an article with a photo (you can enlarge it to see better) that reads, "two wolves keep an eye on dog walkers on JBER oct 2010..."

That isn't my idea of "keeping an eye on them."  It looks to me like they just looked up like anyone would when you hear or see something coming??????

article:  "On military land, wolves aren't ordinary"

Beside this article was a link to Alaska Wolves.  There are 44 pictures, including a few of dear Romeo, and at the JBER dated Nov 2010.  Be sure to read the captions.  click here to see

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

"Wolf aggression is rare, but the wolves that roam base land and some of Eagle River's neighborhoods are different, biologists say. They have been rewarded for coming into contact with people because they've found food, including dog food, trash and sometimes pets, which are a much easier kill than moose."

In regards to the picture in the article, that looks like ChitoLove (foreground) and WayaLove (background).  They look alert and watching but certainly not aggressive.  The Chito look alike looks well fed. 

Wow, I'm looking at the link to the Alaska Wolf pictures you posted the second one is a dead ringer for Nita.  Chris, I was only able to view 22 pictures and it said there was 44.  I tried twice.  Did you see all 44?

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:

They really do look alot the WolfkidsLove so much, Nakoowolf.  The resemblance is undeniable.

Yes, I, too, could only reach 22.  Then just blackened screen.  Thought it was just my ol' puter.

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Don says that doesn't look like a real picture? Watching from the sidelines

OMG, I forgot to say how much I enjoyed the pics of Romeo with the people and dogs.  I'm gonna miss seeing him around from time to time. 

I did read the captions and I see they knew the ones they took. Broken HeartWink

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

There is a "sketch or illustrated" look to that photo especially the ground area.

NakoowolfLove, I think this is Chatters.  Look at her and the pic.

One of my faves from your Gallery:

Wolf pictures, Chito's snow day XIV

Extraordinary! I say.  [For more pix of Chito click here]

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 3T
Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 3T
View details for this Running Wolf T Shirt - XXL
Running Wolf T Shirt - XXL
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this "Disorderly Conduct" Wolf Magnet