Wolf Gifts
Spend $25 or more in our gift shop to receive 15% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code SpringWolves to take advantage of this offer.  Every order will receive a free Wolf Magnet.  Howls!

12/30/10 Video: See the Imnaha Pack alpha female with 2 pups in the woods

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> 12/30/10 Video: See the Imnaha Pack alpha female with 2 pups in the woods
12/30/10 Video: See the Imnaha Pack alpha female with 2 pups in the woods
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

VIDEO HERE  <Dancing

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife's Wolf Coordinator Russ Morgan says the alpha female and two pups from the Imnaha pack came within 10 yards of biologist Roblyn Brown, who was out looking for tracks.

ODFW says aerial surveys documented 16 wolves in the pack, which would mean 6 pups, instead of just 4.

Combined with the three adults and two pups in the Wenaha pack, that brings the count in Oregon to at least 21.

The department says the Imnaha pack is hanging out in an area with a wintering elk herd, and there were no reports in December of attacks on livestock.

article here

Dec 2010 wolf update (pdf) New

more at:  http://www.dfw.state.or.us/wolves/

What a treat.Love  Nakoowolf, they look like WHAP wolves.Smile  Do you think they were disturbed by the coordinator's presence?  I didn't hear any sound on the video.  Whaz that just me?

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

Chris,they are so beautiful,I love to see free wolf familyLoveDancing

Author: wolfdog
Total Posts: 2202
Date Joined: 4/8/2007
Posted:

Thanks for posting this, Chris! Thumbs Up I also did not hear any audio which is puzzling. Watching from the sidelines

"If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered. They must be outshouted, outfinanced, and out voted. Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes."
~L. David Mech

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Wow, amazing video.  It is weird that there is no sound.  Yes, Chris they do look like our Wolves.  The dark one looked amazingly like Nita just a bit darker.  The Alpha Female looked a lot like Ohoyo.  Beautiful.  I'm glad to hear no depredations have been reported.  May they all live a long healthy life, free.Thumbs Up

I am a bit concerned that they were so close to the Biologist.  I wonder if they bait them to study them?  Watching from the sidelines

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Woha Child's Wolf T Shirt - CS
Woha Child's Wolf T Shirt - CS
View details for this Hearts of those who Love Wolf Poster
Hearts of those who Love Wolf Poster
View details for this Gray Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXXL
Gray Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXXL
View details for this Alpha Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt-3XL
Alpha Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt-3XL
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted