Wolf Gifts
Spend $25 or more in our gift shop to receive 15% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code SpringWolves to take advantage of this offer.  Every order will receive a free Wolf Magnet.  Howls!

MI: Conservation Director treed by pack of wolves

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> MI: Conservation Director treed by pack of wolves
MI: Conservation Director treed by pack of wolves
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

"As I was walking along this old logging road, I came upon the trackIdea of what could presumably be considered a rather large gray wolf," said Mattson. He said while looking at the track, he thought it would be coolIdea to see the animal that left it.

Soon, much to his chagrin, that very thought would become prophetic in more ways than one.

Continuing further along the logging road,Idea which was shaped like a horseshoe, Mattson came upon what he believed to be a she-wolf and a younger wolf, standing over a freshly-killed doe.Idea

"When I saw them, I stopped a good 50 to 60 yards away. What I didn't notice, however, was one very large wolf beginning to angle his way toward me from behind," said Mattson.

It wasn't until after he heard the snarling and growling from behind that he realized the situation he was in.

full story here

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Did you read this comment?

Mattson conveniently left out the fact that he is Secretary for the UP Sportsman's Alliance, one of the groups that petitioned the USFWS for the delisting of the wolf. It is apparent Mattson has his own agenda for telling this story.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

I had not as of posting but remember Mattson's statements when the UPSA filed a friend of the court motion to delist in August.  I like comment #7Big Smile

It aired on the Marquette TV 6, and there's a taller story in woods n water of the wolf being 150 pounds.  It was never reported to the DNR?  A snarling growling wolf behind him and he is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomative, able to leap tall trees in a single bound..... hahahahahah

Funny -- There are dozens of biologist, researchers not to mention the volunteer wolf trackers, hikers, campers and never has this happened.  Remember MH's daughter lived near the Michigan border where dense wolf populations are documented and had never seen a wolf.

Roell even doubted it and people are rolling their eyes about this so cheers to fear mongering fading away.

Cheers to education.  Cheers to wolf passion not fading away.  Cheers to you, Nakoowolf.Thumbs Upand the Big Dog.

“All those fairy tales, fables and the like have created a wolf in the imagination that is very different from the real wolf living out its life just trying to find a mate, raise pups and kill enough prey to survive,” Wright said.

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Moonlight Companions Mandella w/Dreamcatcher
Moonlight Companions Mandella w/Dreamcatcher
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Mystic Wolf Magic Scarf
Mystic Wolf Magic Scarf
View details for this Yin Yang Wolf Long Sleeve TShirt-M
Yin Yang Wolf Long Sleeve TShirt-M
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted
For Assistance Call 662-316-9961