Wolf Gifts
Spend $25 or more in our gift shop to receive 15% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code SpringWolves to take advantage of this offer.  Every order will receive a free Wolf Magnet.  Howls!

Video: 13 wolves near Rhinelander, WI

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Video: 13 wolves near Rhinelander, WI
Video: 13 wolves near Rhinelander, WI
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

According to Ron Eckstein, Department of Natural Resources wildlife biologist in Rhinelander, the video was taken Oct. 11  in the Town of Pelican, about 6 miles southeast of Rhinelander in Oneida County.

"It's true," Eckstein said, validating its authenticity. "It's some of the clearest footage we've seen of such a large pack in the state."

The video shows 13 wolves, thought to be four adults and 9 pups. Eckstein said the animals are from the Pelican Lake pack.

click here to read the article and see 10:19 minutes of wolf footage

I will comment on the best part of this news and say, the woods never looked more beautiful.Love  Notice the wolf who is keeping watch over the pack.Love

edit:  also on youtube

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

That was a beautiful video.  How lucky could that person be to witness that.  It appears that this is a relatively young pack.  There are 4 adults in that pack, yearlings most likely from last year and pups from this spring.  Yes, the Alpha is watching and even ushered a few back in camera range. Big SmileLove  Best of luck to them for a long healthy life away from human interference.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this All Mine Wolf T Shirt - M
All Mine Wolf T Shirt - M
View details for this Wolf Luggage Tag - Chito
Wolf Luggage Tag - Chito
View details for this Winter Moon Wolf T Shirt - S
Winter Moon Wolf T Shirt - S
View details for this Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 2T
Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 2T
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted