Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Range Rider will accompany cattle in areas of the Imnaha Wolf Pack

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Range Rider will accompany cattle in areas of the Imnaha Wolf Pack
Range Rider will accompany cattle in areas of the Imnaha Wolf Pack
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

The Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife said the move is an effort to reduce wolf-livestock conflicts in the northeast part of the state.

The cooperative demonstration program between ODFW and area livestock producers is funded through a $15,000 U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service grant intended to help livestock producers take pro-active, non-lethal measures to reduce the risk of wolves to livestock.

read more here

Author: Honiahaka
Total Posts: 94
Date Joined: 5/10/2008
Posted:

This is a good idea. I never heard of a range rider before but if it has worked in other states lets hope it works here.

I love to hear that they are thinking of non-lethal ways to stop wolves getting to cattle. Thumbs Up

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Honiahaka Says:

This is a good idea. I never heard of a range rider before but if it has worked in other states lets hope it works here.

I love to hear that they are thinking of non-lethal ways to stop wolves getting to cattle. Thumbs Up

I hate to be pessimistic but we've heard this before many a times and the outcome has never been the one we were hoping for.  I think they sometimes come up with this stuff just for funding. Sad

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Honiahaka
Total Posts: 94
Date Joined: 5/10/2008
Posted:

Oh Sad Well thats not good then Thumbs Down lets hope thats not what they are doing.

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Black Wolf Head Necklace with beads
Black Wolf Head Necklace with beads
View details for this Night Howl Wolf Necklace
Night Howl Wolf Necklace
View details for this Wolf Wall Decal Mural
Wolf Wall Decal Mural
View details for this Winter Wolf Wall Art Canvas
Winter Wolf Wall Art Canvas
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted
For Assistance Call 662-316-9961