Wolf Gifts
Use discount code ScaryHowls at checkout to save 10% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order. Happy Halloween!

Is your husky shedding?

Everything Wolf Forum >> Siberian Husky Forums >> Caring for the Siberian Husky >> Is your husky shedding?
1 2 > >>
Is your husky shedding?
Author: wolfdog
Total Posts: 2202
Date Joined: 4/8/2007
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Yikes, Shadow started shedding about 2 weeks ago and every day it seems worse.  I think he's shedding more now than he has previously. Do huskies generally shed more once they have fully matured? Isn't May kind of late to be blowing his coat?
Last night, I raked and raked him but you'd never know it if you saw him. Scared

"If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered. They must be outshouted, outfinanced, and out voted. Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes."
~L. David Mech

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Kat, all of our Huskies blow their undercoats at different times in Spring and then again in Fall.  It's one of the things that I don't like about the breed but I tell you, our Sarah, the Lab sheds way worse then they do and it's harder to pick up.  At least the Huskies clump when they drop their fur.  Yes, in answer to your question, their adult sheds are much worse than puppy ones.  Also, it depends on how cold your winter was.  Ours was very cold so they really had some thick coats on.

BTW, Niko the Wolf and Ohoyo still are totally done. Scared

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: wolfdog
Total Posts: 2202
Date Joined: 4/8/2007
Posted:

Maria, thanks for that info! We did have a very cold winter IMO so that very well may have contributed to a heavier coat, resulting in more shedding.

"If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered. They must be outshouted, outfinanced, and out voted. Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes."
~L. David Mech

Author: TwoHuskiesOnLongIsland

Total Posts: 20
Date Joined: 1/30/2008
Posted:

It seems just as one finishes blowing their coat the next one starts.  

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

TwoHuskiesOnLongIsland Says:
It seems just as one finishes blowing their coat the next one starts.  

Oh, I know what you mean!!!  When we got our first Husky, I read somewhere that they shed once a year.  Now I tell people the same but add that it's all year long. Wink

PS how are things going over there?Watching from the sidelines

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Blizzard Husky Plush
Blizzard Husky Plush
View details for this Stalking Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XL
Stalking Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XL
View details for this Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXL
Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXL
View details for this Three Wishes Wolf Birthday Card
Three Wishes Wolf Birthday Card