Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

MT man is fined for illegally killing a wolf

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> MT man is fined for illegally killing a wolf
MT man is fined for illegally killing a wolf
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

A Kalispell man who shot a wolf while hunting in 2008 and reported it to authorities was fined $3,000 and put on probation for two years on Wednesday for violating the Endangered Species Act.

An autopsy, though, showed that the bullet didn’t enter through the chest, but through the animal’s back left side. While Patton maintains he shot as the animal was coming forward, officials believed otherwise and sought the maximum fine of $10,000.

But he added that there are two sides to the coin.

“If I rob a bank but turn myself in, can I go home for lunch? I don’t think so,” Bangs said. “But when is it not encouraging people to report a legitimate accident?”

“The biggest cause of wolf deaths are agency control” of wolves that prey on livestock, Bangs said. “The second is illegal killing. So I think someone who legitimately felt they were being attacked by a wolf, shot it and turned themselves in, rarely, rarely happens.”

source

I think there is something to be said about a man that reacts honestly and stepped up to what he did.  That has a "chiling" effect on me. 

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

But it wasn't honest.  He said he shot the Wolf in the chest when in reality it was shot in the backside.  

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Print 5x7
Wolf Print 5x7
View details for this Wolf Walk Navy T Shirt-M
Wolf Walk Navy T Shirt-M
View details for this Stalking Wolf T Shirt - XL
Stalking Wolf T Shirt - XL
View details for this Wolf Pup Print 8x10
Wolf Pup Print 8x10
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted