Wolf Gifts
Use discount code Howlidays at checkout to save 10% off orders $25 and over.  Seasons Greetings and Howls to you and your Pack!

Need Help with Stopping Fighting

Everything Wolf Forum >> Siberian Husky Forums >> Caring for the Siberian Husky >> Need Help with Stopping Fighting
<< < 1 2 3 4
Need Help with Stopping Fighting
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

I use these things that look like lambs wool but they aren't.  I bought them when the Wolf pups were little (3 years ago) and they are still in 100% conidition.  I wash them regularly.  I believe I got them at dog.com (I think).  We have two dogs in the garage too and that's what they sleep on.  We also have had a few things chewed from one of the dogs, Tah-lee. He likes wood to chew on.  Banging HeadFrustrated  It really ticks me off because I bought them both large antlers to chew on and they are expensive.  I think they just get mad.Sad

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

omg, that is a great arrangement.Thumbs UpLove and it is working.Dancing  my best wishes and hats off to you.

I used my Dad's old sheets.  Two sets folded up to fit; all cotton.  Not indestructible but for some reason well-liked.  Everything else ended up the way you describe.

Author: TwoHuskiesOnLongIsland

Total Posts: 20
Date Joined: 1/30/2008
Posted:

Week 14 of lockdown. The two males ( Kody and Connor) are still separated. Thank you for the tip on the faux lambs wool bed. Three weeks now and not destroyed. A great product.

Connors garage living accommodations have also been upgraded. Got a great deal on a 4x4x6H kennel from PetSmart that someone had returned. Set it up in about a 1/2 hour on the tile floor of the garage and he loves it. Will probably add two more 2' foot panels in the near future making it a nice 4x6. Fortunately, the garage stays nice and cool in the heat (it has hit a 100 degrees outside here on Long Island) as long as we don't open the large door to let the heat in. The AC in the downstairs keeps that level cool and it flows into the garage. We also have a fan running to move the air and a lickit water bottle attached to the kennel so he always has water. Overall, not a bad setup.

No new home prospects on the horizon and the family has kind of accepted this living arrangement. Kira (female) still does playtime with Connor outside. Sometimes rough, but they break it up with a loud No. Only hope right now is eventually they outgrow the fighting.

On another note, With it being as hot as it has been, the kiddy (dog) pool has been getting a workout. All three use it differently. Kody, walks in, lays down and soaks himself for a couple of minutes, walks out, shakes, done (still very wet). Kira, walks in, goes in circles while holding her snoot under, jumps out, and repeats. She never lays or sits down. Connor also does the walking in circles part, but loves to dive his head under, paw/dig at the bottom and he will occasionally sit down. The only behavior in common is they all will drink from the pool. It gets fresh water every day, the previous days gets dumped on the lawn. ( our way to beat lawn watering restrictions).

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

meant to be.Big Smile  oh gosh that is a fantastic post and it will help others who may have a situation similar to yours.  best part everyone is happy and together no matter what.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  No matter the intervals and some boundaries.Dancing Routine and Harmony, yay

<< < 1 2 3 4
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Diffuser Locket Necklace
Wolf Diffuser Locket Necklace
View details for this Wolf Coin Purse Keyring
Wolf Coin Purse Keyring
View details for this Stalking Wolf T Shirt - XL
Stalking Wolf T Shirt - XL
View details for this Wolf Thank You Card
Wolf Thank You Card
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted