Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

New Wolf at Dakota Zoo

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Places to see Wolves >> New Wolf at Dakota Zoo
New Wolf at Dakota Zoo
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

I am beginning a new thread regarding our continuing coverage of Mexican wolf girl, Medium Toast, here.  [previously on WHAP]  She is beginning a new life in her new home at the Dakota Zoo.

According to the April 1, 2010 article, she arrived the night before.  The Zoo's Director says, 

"she is a little timid right now, but they are excited to have her. She will be quarantined for about a month and then be joined with her soon to be male friend Tostito.  We actually got the two wolves that are going to be together right next door.  So they are going through a quarantined time together.  Just the more time that we can take to do that, now they can't even see each other but they can sniff each other and they can hear each other.  They know that they are there."

VIDEO AND SLIDE SHOW PHOTOS WITH WHOLE STORY HERE

Love Love The quarantine quarters look good.  I wish all the best for both of these beautiful Mexican gray wolves.

Author: muskyhusky
Total Posts: 7339
Date Joined: 7/29/2004
Posted:

She sure looks scared, but, she's aliveThumbs UpLove and soon to be with her friend, thank God for that.

80.gif picture by muskyhusky
Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

Yes,the most important is she's alive and savedBig Smile,I'll pray for these two wolves to be together,to like each other and be happy very soonLoveLove,I hope the fate give her all this in her life for her goodLove

Author: TravelingSong
Total Posts: 16
Date Joined: 3/12/2010
Posted:

Aw! Both of them are so adorable. Hope they get along together! Maybe they'll even have some babies to help the Mexican Grey Wolf population :D

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

"The male has been neutered, probably because he was inbred and is not considered a good candidate for reproduction, she said."

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Stalking Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXL
Stalking Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt - XXL
View details for this Winter Moon Wolf Childs Long Sleeve T - CS
Winter Moon Wolf Childs Long Sleeve T - CS
View details for this Howling Wolf Magnet - Ohoyo
Howling Wolf Magnet - Ohoyo
View details for this Watch Over You Wolf Necklace
Watch Over You Wolf Necklace
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted
For Assistance Call 662-316-9961