Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Out of 18,800 predator-killed sheep, wolves only responsible for 202 or 1%

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> Out of 18,800 predator-killed sheep, wolves only responsible for 202 or 1%
Out of 18,800 predator-killed sheep, wolves only responsible for 202 or 1%
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Here is an IMPORTANT point referred to as "A final caveat" from this article, "Wolf Management Now Entering a Transitional State" regarding Montana.

"In spite of all the publicity, wolves account for a tiny fraction of livestock depredations in Montana.

In 2009, gray wolves are confirmed to have killed 202 sheep in Montana. That's out of 18,800 predator-killed sheep reported by the industry — 1 percent.

By contrast, ranchers reported that coyotes killed more than 14,000 sheep, and eagleskilled 600."

source

"Ranching is a $1.5 billion industry and part of Montana's heritage. As a result, wolf management policies must continue to stretch to accommodate that industry."Watching from the sidelines

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

I know if I had that kind of investment, I sure the heck would be keeping an eye out for it. Idea

Also, I do care for animals and I would know what god forbid killed them long before you couldn't tell. Puke

Wolves have been used as scape goats forever.  Did any one ever read People of the Deer by Farley Mowat?  It is a true account of the Inuit's and the decline of the caribou herds in northern Canada in the 40's.    Even though they were trying to blame Wolves then it turned out that they were being slaughtered by the people themselves to trade their tongues for ammo and guns.  The corpses were left to rot, no meat taken and the rivers ran thick with their bones.Mad  It's been all about greed for as long as their have been humans.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Face Decal
Wolf Face Decal
View details for this Neon Raised Wolf Pillow
Neon Raised Wolf Pillow
View details for this Wolf Coin Purse
Wolf Coin Purse
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted