Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Board of Game removes Denali wolf buffer

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> Board of Game removes Denali wolf buffer
Board of Game removes Denali wolf buffer
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska -- The Alaska Board of Game narrowly voted Friday to eliminate the wolf protection buffer zone around Denali National Park. Environmentalists are speaking out against the move, but board members defend the decision.

It's a passionate issue, with no buffer zone between hunters and wolf supporters.

The board also voted to put a moratorium on the issue, so it won't come up again for another six years.

more here and video report w/wolf footage; one howling in the middle of the road

they'll still be wolves to see?  the fact that they can be seen so easily is what gives the wolves an unfair disadvantage. 

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Denali's Wolf population is halfed and they eliminate the buffer zone. Confused  Why is there no sanctuary.  I wonder how much of this new development has to do with Haber's death?  I think he was truly their guardian angel there. Broken Heart

I enjoyed the howling by the middle of the road Wolf. Love

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

I think you are right about Haber, Nakoowolf.

I was reading about FOA President showing up and even she said no one can fill his shoes.

"Priscilla Feral spent a full day flying to Fairbanks from Connecticut to speak before the Alaska Board of Game for five minutes on Saturday, even though she doesn’t think it will do any good.

It was the least she could do for Gordon Haber."

article

"The wolves in Denali are believed to be the first and longest studied group of wild wolves in the world. Until more recent years in Yellowstone National Park, they were also the most viewed wolves, seen by hundreds of thousands of visitors. Often they are seen loping along the Park road, sometimes carrying a snowshoe hare or caribou leg.

If you are lucky, you may get to see a moose or caribou kill. These extraordinary viewing experiences are threatened by a handful of trappers who set gauntlets of traps just along the border of the Park. Denali's wolves are especially vulnerable to trapping and hunting due to their tolerance of human presence. As a result, the history of several wolf families seen along the Park road is a history of loss."

continue here and see little darling East Fork female

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Chris that was very hard to read.  That beauty was caught in a trap and alive for 14 days eating rocks to survive. CryingBroken Heart  It's a cruel world and there are many heartless people in it.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Up North Wolf Spaghetti StrapTank Top - M
Up North Wolf Spaghetti StrapTank Top - M
View details for this Sacred Dream Wolf Birthday Card
Sacred Dream Wolf Birthday Card
View details for this Gray Wolf High Top Shoes - 10.5
Gray Wolf High Top Shoes - 10.5
View details for this Wolf Fang Leather Bracelet
Wolf Fang Leather Bracelet
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted