Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Unseen since Sept. 18, biologist speculates Romeo "died from being a wolf"

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Unseen since Sept. 18, biologist speculates Romeo "died from being a wolf"
1 2 > >>
Unseen since Sept. 18, biologist speculates Romeo "died from being a wolf"
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

"It was clear to many residents the shiny black wolf, estimated at 140 pounds, yearned for canine companionship and was seemingly willing to stifle innate behavior in a quest to make friends.

This winter, Romeo did not come back to the lake, where many residents in years past saw him frolicking among ice skaters' pets.

He was just getting older," Hyde said, "and he wasn't quite as rambunctious as he used to be."

Biologist Steve Lewis said Romeo likely died of natural causes.

source

Crying

edit:  I went back to the recent article I posted about Romeo dated Jan 12, 2010 to re-read it with the hopes of disspelling this one.  I am sad to say I cannot.  The pictures' properties do not specify a date nor that the photographer took them this winter.

Author: muskyhusky
Total Posts: 7339
Date Joined: 7/29/2004
Posted:

Oh nooooo......Broken HeartCrying

80.gif picture by muskyhusky
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

I want to believe that since it was September and that is the time that Wolves are looking for mates, that he indeed did find one.  That's what I want to believe. Love  Beautfiul Romeo.  The article was wonderful, I loved hearing the stories about how he behaved with the doggies. LoveRomeo, Romeo, where for art thou, Romeo. Watching from the sidelines

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

CryingThat is so heartbreaking,only from reading all for him and looking in his eyes,I just like him so much and that is sadBroken HeartI just hope he to feels good right now and that what happened to him to be something natural,not to be killed or something,all the love to himLove 

Author: wildlifeman
Total Posts: 87
Date Joined: 11/21/2009
Posted:

That just breaks my heart to think that someone might have killed RomeoCrying. It was something special in that wolf when you looked at those pictures. I hope there was no suffering he he is truely gone. I have been thinking about adopting another dog since I had to put English to sleep. When I do his name will be ROMEO!!!!

1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Howl Oval Necklace
Wolf Howl Oval Necklace
View details for this Mother Moon Wolf Necklace
Mother Moon Wolf Necklace
View details for this Wild Thing Child's Wolf T Shirt - CM
Wild Thing Child's Wolf T Shirt - CM
View details for this Family that Howls Wolf Figurine
Family that Howls Wolf Figurine
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted