Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our Wolf gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfLover to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."
<< < 1 2 3
War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

The Utah Senate approved a bill Tuesday that would let the state decide whether to kill wolves to control the predators' population.

The measure, which now goes to the House, passed 21-8, with all eight Democrats voting against it.

source

Posted:

"...there is already a Utah Wolf Management Plan in place that will allow up to two packs to form, at which time a review of the plan would be triggered. It also allows for removal of problem wolves and includes a generous compensation package for ranchers who lose livestock to wolves."

7 good points why Utah DWR should "explain to us why it should be replaced with a zero-tolerance program"

I am highlighting the third one which irritates me every time I hear it.

"...according to information published by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the number of elk in Idaho, Montana and Wyoming has increased by 88 percent in the last 35 years and by 14 percent since wolves were reintroduced."

whole article here

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

oops there it is!Mad

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:

The bill is headed to the governor after passing the House on a 47-23 vote. 

source

This action has been described to be more of a message.  An effort to squeeze the feds into approving the state's wolf management plan.  I am so anxious to see the result since federal law supersedes state law.  [if we had one, i'd put a "stupid" emoticon here]

<< < 1 2 3
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Pup Print 5x7
Wolf Pup Print 5x7
View details for this Wolf Vigil Ladies T Shirt - XXL
Wolf Vigil Ladies T Shirt - XXL
View details for this Wolf Vigil Ladies T Shirt - L
Wolf Vigil Ladies T Shirt - L
View details for this All Mine Wolf T Shirt - XXXL
All Mine Wolf T Shirt - XXXL
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted