Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf Legislation >> War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."
1 2 3 > >>
War on Wolves declared; "I'm at the top of the food chain and I intend to stay there."
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

"A proposed bill requires the state to killMad or captureMad any wolf that comes into Utah. The chief sponsor says, if the feds don't like it, he's ready to fight them too.

The bill's sponsor [Senator Allen Christensen, R-North Ogden] says this will be a "state's rights" year in the Legislature, and he's willing to fight the wolf battle all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court."

source:  ksl with video.  (there is some foootage of LovewolvesBroken Heart on the video.  Is that Limpy?)  

Protest

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

All I can say is I'm glad I don't know the Senator.  What an ace. PukeMad  Old fart........Whip

It sure looks like Limpy. Love

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

This man is unbelievable.  Protest  Check out what he is saying:

~

"Utah lawmaker:  Wandering wolves not welcome"

"Their lifestyle isn't compatible with ours. People say that's a haughty attitude. I'm sorry, we're here to stay," Christensen said.

Utah's legislative session starts Monday.

~

"State Senator wants Utah wolves dead"

One lawmaker is firing a preemptive shot at the Endangered Species Act. Senator Allen Christensen (R) North Ogden, says wolves don't have a place in Utah, and his simple management plan is to kill them if they show up.

"It's devastating," said Senator Christensen. The wolves have gone completely out of control."

Christensen was asked by fellow hunters to protect Utah from the wolves and his bill is backed by ranchers as well.

"When the elk herds are gone, the buffalo herds will follow, the deer herds will follow. We don't need that here," said Christensen.

The potential problem with the bill is that wolves in most of Utah are on the endangered species list.

"It would be a waste of time and money," said Kirk Robinson, Director of Western Wildlife Conservancy. "19th century mythology dies hard in some parts of the West."

Senator Christensen doesn't buy it, calling the wolves professional killers. He thinks, if they extend their range into Utah, they likely would run into people.

"They were eradicated from Utah for a reason," Christensen said. "It wasn't just an accident that they were taken out. They just cannot co-habitate with the population of humans here."

Mad Thumbs Down Banging Head Frustrated

Author: BlueWolf
Total Posts: 462
Date Joined: 1/26/2007
Posted:

This man is crazy Mad Wolves can easily coexist with humans, it are people like him who can't (and shouldn't) coexist with other animals. It's just not fair to blame and punish the wolves for HIS problem with animals Watching from the sidelines

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

The Senator introduced the bill known as SB36 on Monday but backs off the legislation that would have required the Utah Division of Wildlife to capture or kill any wolf found in the state.

"the wolf is a predator and its presence in the state threatens the state's wildlife and ungulate populations, therefore, it is the policy of the state that the wolf shall be destroyed." Mad To read the bill, click here: http://le.utah.gov/~2010/bills/sbillint/sb0036.pdf

source

Concerned Utahns, advocacy groups and government officials lined up to voice their opinions on SB36 the next day.

Instead, a Senate committee accepted a substitute bill for such management techniques in areas where wolves have been removed from the endangered species list, rather than statewide.  The revised proposal would require state wildlife officials to ask the federal government to capture or kill wolves found in protected areas.  The substitute bill moved out of the committee and later, perhaps to a floor debate.

In a separate action on the House side, lawmakers on Tuesday passed a measure sponsored by Rep. Melvin Brown, R-Coalville, that allows owners of wolf-damaged livestock in parts of Utah to seek compensation for the attack.  People can't get compensation in areas of the state where wolves are protected under the Endangered Species Act.  The bill goes to the Senate for consideration.

source

"Wolves are out of control, says Utah Sen. Allen Christensen, and the state's policy should be to kill them. Heck, he did. Went to Canada to bag one. It's at the taxidermist."

source

More articles on the subject:

Divided Senate Panel approves tamer version of wolf measure

Citing Possible Prison Time, DWR boss speaks out against wolf-removal bill 

1 2 3 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Roots Wolf T Shirt - L
Roots Wolf T Shirt - L
View details for this Howling Wolf and Feathers Belt Buckle
Howling Wolf and Feathers Belt Buckle
View details for this Angel Wolf Dreamcatcher Temp Tattoo
Angel Wolf Dreamcatcher Temp Tattoo