Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our Wolf gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code ShopWolves to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Sweden

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Sweden
<< < 1 2
Sweden
Author: Joswolf
Total Posts: 82
Date Joined: 11/12/2009
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Do you mean like this?

www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/article3447187.ece   and i cannot find the otherone, am looking.

Jos
Author: Sharona

Total Posts: 3916
Date Joined: 5/26/2004
Posted:
Edited On by Sharona

Joswolf Says:

Do you mean like this?

www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/uriks/article3447187.ece   and i cannot find the otherone, am looking.

Yes that works...I was just suggesting a link, rather than the actual photo because they are really graphic & hard to look atSad

This made the news here in the USA also..On Ralph Maughans website.

Thanks,

Sharona

zIv7QOE6xC.gif picture by sharona47
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

a source (yahoo news actually) for the first photo can be found in my first post.  it requires copyright permission to be posted.  i believe the second one does also. 

I heard there is much criticism over the hunt.  Loose translation of this article

http://ttela.se/start/sverige/1.692845

seems to say, "Värmland, it is both a hunter who believes he has been threatened, first, and a journalist reported threats in connection with the photographing of a shot wolf."

Can your friend translate for us, Jos?  Does he know whether the Northern Rockies wolf hunt here had any influence in the hunt in Sweden since they use the same reasoning that a wolf population can withstand killing off 10-30% of the wolves?  Thank you bringing us the first news, Jos.

Here is an article with a news video which I can't get to play titled:  "Ecologists Blast Sweden Wolf Hunt"

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Jos, Chris is right, we must be careful about avoiding copyright infringements especially in a heated and controversial subject like this.

I'm also curious to know if the Northern Rockies hunt influenced this decision to kill these Wolves in Sweden. Broken Heart

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

<< < 1 2
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Winter Moon Childs Wolf T Shirt-CXL
Winter Moon Childs Wolf T Shirt-CXL
View details for this Owning the Moon Wolf Hoodie-S
Owning the Moon Wolf Hoodie-S
View details for this Wolf Print 5x7
Wolf Print 5x7
View details for this Gray Wolf High Top Shoes - 10.5
Gray Wolf High Top Shoes - 10.5
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter