Wolf Gifts
Use discount code MamaWolf at checkout to save 15% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

The WHAPcam!

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Places to see Wolves >> The WHAPcam!
1 2 3 4 5 > >>
The WHAPcam!
Author: BlueWolf
Total Posts: 462
Date Joined: 1/26/2007
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

So, here it is! The WHAPcam I've been working on. It's not finished yet, I'm still working on it. But it already has some useful features, like browsing through all previous captures and updating the webcam without reloading the page.

I'll be adding more features when I have the time for it (basically every evening, this week). But I would really like some feedback about this. If you found any issues or have any ideas for the whapcam, please post them Smile

It's currently running on my own webserver in my own house, so it may be a bit slow, but so far it seems to be good enough. It uses javascript, and Internet Explorer 6 and lower is not supported due to a lack of modern technologies.

So, what do you think of it so far? Big Smile

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

Hi, BlueWolf.  It works great!Clapping  I was able to click back to 6:07 quickly in less than a second per click and see a beautiful WHAP wolf.Big Smile  Then instantly returned to the present by using the far right arrow.  Is that your weather?  It is the same as mine.  Playback and Browse didn't work but I expect that since you say you aren't done yet, right?  Here are copy and pasties I took from The WHAPcam you made.DancingAs you can see they are all different times and different from the time of my post.

edit:  The images I was testing on disappeared.

You can look at them as long as you like until you click forward or back.Dancing  How far back in hours, days? can I go, BlueWolf?

Thumbs Up

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Wow, BlueWolf, that is fantastic!  I love it.  Yeah for you!!!  It ran smoothly for me and very fast, too.  The Big Dog is sleeping but when he wakes up, I'll be sure to tell him to check it out.  I had the same question as Chris, can you go back days?  If so, I would maybe put a field in where the person looking could change the date by typing it in.  Chris, that is our weather, I believe!?Clapping

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Posted:

Chris Says:

Hi, BlueWolf.  It works great!Clapping  I was able to click back to 6:07 quickly in less than a second per click and see a beautiful WHAP wolf.Big Smile  Then instantly returned to the present by using the far right arrow.  Is that your weather?  It is the same as mine.  Playback and Browse didn't work but I expect that since you say you aren't done yet, right?  Here are copy and pasties I took from The WHAPcam you made.DancingAs you can see they are all different times and different from the time of my post.

You can look at them as long as you like until you click forward or back.Dancing  How far back in hours, days? can I go, BlueWolf?

Thumbs Up

That's the current weather at WHAP right now! Big Smile
You can go back 3 days in history. The images will be removed after that, so I'll recommend you to upload the shots elsewhere, if you want to see them after 3 days (just like the official webcam) Smile

I'll put that on my todo-list though: an easy way to store the images online forever, so you can put the shots on the forum.

Posted:

Nakoowolf Says:
Wow, BlueWolf, that is fantastic!  I love it.  Yeah for you!!!  It ran smoothly for me and very fast, too.  The Big Dog is sleeping but when he wakes up, I'll be sure to tell him to check it out.  I had the same question as Chris, can you go back days?  If so, I would maybe put a field in where the person looking could change the date by typing it in.  Chris, that is our weather, I believe!?Clapping

I haven't made the Playback and Browse-tabs yet, but that's exactly what the Browse will do Smile It will let you choose a specific picture. Like when you posted about Niko Akni, I loaded the page when I read that and browsed back, and indeed saw you and Niko sitting in front of the webcam Big Smile

1 2 3 4 5 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Nita Wolf License Plate
Nita Wolf License Plate
View details for this White Wolf Dancer Bracelet
White Wolf Dancer Bracelet
View details for this Big Sitting Plush Wolf
Big Sitting Plush Wolf
View details for this Friends Wolf Pup Figurine
Friends Wolf Pup Figurine
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted