Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

The Soakem Mountain, deep in the wilderness watches a fierce green fire dying in her eyes

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> The Soakem Mountain, deep in the wilderness watches a fierce green fire dying in her eyes
1 2 > >>
The Soakem Mountain, deep in the wilderness watches a fierce green fire dying in her eyes
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

The third wolf hunted in Montana was taken deep in the Bob Marshall Wilderness complex by a Columbia Falls hunter.

source

Daniel Pettit called in Friday to report that he had shot a wolf on Soakem Mountain in the upper reaches of Schafer Creek, a tributary to the Middle Fork Flathead River, according to Caroline Sime, wolf management coordinator for Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks.

source  (Check out the comments on this one)

Nearly 10,000 wolf permits have been sold in Montana. The backcountry season is open Sept. 15 through Nov. 29, while the general season is open Oct. 25-Nov. 29. A winter season will be held in December if quotas haven't been met.

source

Crying 

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:
Edited On by Nakoowolf

Broken Heart  Shot in the wilderness area for what reason?Puke

Chris, I can't read those comments anymore, they are all the same ignorant rantings of sub-humans trying to justify killing something.  It all sounds like blah, blah, blah to me.Whip

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

No reason even by account from the hunter involved in this wolf's life lost.

"I've been hunting this area since I was a kid," Pettit said, "and I have never seen a wolf up there. I've never heard a wolf up there."

"Do wolves affect elk? Absolutely. But in my opinion, the story of the wolves going into a basin and decimating the elk herd just isn't true."

..."The crack of the gun filled the tiny basin, a rocky bowl maybe a mile by a mile and a half, but the rest of the pack didn't bolt. Instead, they moved off about 30 yards and waited.

"They had absolutely no fear of my presence," Pettit said. He called out to his hunting partners, and as they crashed through the brush the wolves moved off a bit farther, perhaps 100 yards.

"They just sort of stuck around," Pettit said."

There are more details in this article along with a photo {warning} of the killed young? wolf.Broken Heart  The behavior of the pack was described as unexpected.Watching from the sidelines  I am compelled to post it because the wolf is living it.Crying  Not out of morbid curiosity but to bring as much as possible to the further need of protection and preservation of the wolf. 

click here

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Well, Chris, reading that and looking at the picture just about broke my heart in two. Broken Heart  There really is no reason, he said so himself, yet it takes this beautiful Wolf's life, a member of a family, so he could have a "rug".  Puke  No words can describe what I'm feeling now.Broken Heart  Too bad for him that he had to haul the lifeless body of this gorgeous Wolf all the way down the mountain.  How inconvenient for him. Mad  She was soaking up the morning sun, just like you've seen our Wolves do in front of the webcam. CryingBroken Heart

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Sharona

Total Posts: 3916
Date Joined: 5/26/2004
Posted:

Nakoowolf Says:

Well, Chris, reading that and looking at the picture just about broke my heart in two. Broken Heart  There really is no reason, he said so himself, yet it takes this beautiful Wolf's life, a member of a family, so he could have a "rug".  Puke  No words can describe what I'm feeling now.Broken Heart  Too bad for him that he had to haul the lifeless body of this gorgeous Wolf all the way down the mountain.  How inconvenient for him. Mad  She was soaking up the morning sun, just like you've seen our Wolves do in front of the webcam. CryingBroken Heart

This breaks my heartBroken Heart I cannot even bring myself to look at the photo's.

I hope he thinks of her dying everytime he looks at his trophyCrying

Sharona 

zIv7QOE6xC.gif picture by sharona47
1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Intensity Wolf Figurine
Intensity Wolf Figurine
View details for this Wolf Print 5x7
Wolf Print 5x7
View details for this Wolf Pack Note Card Set
Wolf Pack Note Card Set
View details for this Rascal Plush Wolf