Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our Wolf gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfLover to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill
<< < 1 2 3 4
Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill
Author: Sharona

Total Posts: 3916
Date Joined: 5/26/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Sharona

rose pedal glasses?......wolve?  There is no such word. Wolve = Wolf?

Talk about uneducated..teehee

Sharona

zIv7QOE6xC.gif picture by sharona47
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:
Edited On by Nakoowolf

Bill Smith Says:

I do believe I was being polite.

I'm sorry right or wrong is a judgement but currently it is legal. The hunter did not come to your wolf site to spout off anti-wolf sentiment, Chris brought him on for the hatred. As far as using a call, many hunting styles use calls, duck, goose, deer, elk, coyote, etc. I find nothing wrong with this. I do believe he may have been illegal in using the call per Idaho wolf hunting rules. I was surprised he said he used one.

Did he go public or was it unfortunate that he killed and registered the first wolf. I'm sure the reporters are all over this situation.

I firmly believe that wolves do need management and I also believe that the interior department and the state biologists are making the right call. We should utilize their experience and knowledge.

T his time you were being polite, Bill Smith.  Your past posts actually seemed mild in comparison to howler.  However, you have been rude to some of us in the past.  Howler sure did come here to spout off anti-wolf sentiment.  The gist of his first post was about how much he enjoyed hearing how that Wolf died and how he couldn't wait to make a Wolf suffer that same fate.

What do you mean Chris brought this anti-Wolfer here?  Where is your proof?  Do not blame Chris for him showing up here.  She posts Wolf News and has done tons of research on the subject.  This was a news article. She reported it as it was written. I can not speak for Chris but I do know I hate, yes hate people who have an unfounded based in politics vendetta against Wolves.  Chris is not only a valued member of this forum and a dear friend of mine but also a staunch supporter of all wildlife.  I would be careful about attacking or unjustly accusing her in any way.  It will not be tolerated. 

I take full responsbility for letting him make his first post.  I should have deleted that immediately.  I then continued  to promote his hatefullness by letting my contempt for him show through.  I do not believe that he came here for a discussion.  He came here to flame.  We are a pro-Wolf website.  Being called tree huggers and other inane adjectives by him in his first post to us of course inspired a negative and perhaps an over the top response from our members, myself included.

As far as using the coyote call goes, this is what the modern hunter has resorted too.  There is no sport in this.  Baiting used to be illegal.  Whether using a call is legal or not, electronic or not, in my opinion it shows lack of any real skill.  Reminds me of the Wily Coyote cartoons.

I believe that you give officials in charge of our wildlife far too much credit. They have used some pretty extreme measures in the past that have had major repercussions, eg. posion, mange, kudzu, etc.   Wildlife management has become far to political as well. Thumbs Down

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Sharona

Total Posts: 3916
Date Joined: 5/26/2004
Posted:

I see that Wolf Howler's posting ability has been revoked. And some of his posts deleted &/or edited.  *Good Riddence*

I take offense to beng called "Uneducated"...I believe he stated that the Wolves were "Decimating" the Elk herds.

This is a misleading,  over exaggerated term......

"Decimated" means to decrease in size by 10%...hardly a loss even noticableWatching from the sidelines

Sharona

zIv7QOE6xC.gif picture by sharona47
Author: fonzy

Total Posts: 1
Date Joined: 9/9/2009
Posted:

<< < 1 2 3 4
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Pup Print 8x10
Wolf Pup Print 8x10
View details for this Wolf Pup Print 8x10
Wolf Pup Print 8x10
View details for this Walking Wolf Figurine
Walking Wolf Figurine
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter