Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our Wolf gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfLover to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill
<< < 1 2 3 4 > >>
Idaho Hunter Bad-Mouthed After Wolf Kill
Author: Bill Smith

Total Posts: 46
Date Joined: 2/3/2009
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Nakoowolf Says:

Well, Bill Smith, you stated some of the reasons why he should be harassed yourself.  I personally wouldn't waste my time on harassing him as it doesn't bring the Wolf back.   What I object to is him using a coyote call and then being so proud of himself that he went public. This is a pro-Wolf website so that is why you hear the hate right now.  Just because something is legal doesn't make it right.  I firmly believe that Wolves do not need "managment" or "control" and especially from those that HATE them.  What I don't understand is, I don't go to Anti-Wolf websites because it's like talking to a WALL so why would they think it's okay to come here and spout off anti-Wolf sentiments?  There are been some pretty hateful things being said from both sides.  If you are coming just to flame, then please just go away.  If you want to discuss civilly and politely without being cynical, then do just that.

I do believe I was being polite.

I'm sorry right or wrong is a judgement but currently it is legal. The hunter did not come to your wolf site to spout off anti-wolf sentiment, Chris brought him on for the hatred. As far as using a call, many hunting styles use calls, duck, goose, deer, elk, coyote, etc. I find nothing wrong with this. I do believe he may have been illegal in using the call per Idaho wolf hunting rules. I was surprised he said he used one.

Did he go public or was it unfortunate that he killed and registered the first wolf. I'm sure the reporters are all over this situation.

I firmly believe that wolves do need management and I also believe that the interior department and the state biologists are making the right call. We should utilize their experience and knowledge.

Bill Smith
Author: wolf howler

Total Posts: 3
Date Joined: 9/3/2009
Posted:
Edited On by Big Dog

Bill-

You have made very good points sir. I respect your opinion very much. You seem very educated on the wolves and the wolve sitution. It is pointless to try and agrue a point with these yuppies, the look at the wolves with their rose pedal glasses, and don't see the true dark side to these murders. go ahead and check out this website..www.saveelk.com, if you are so knowledgeable about your non-native Canadian Grey Wolves, and explain some of those pictures to me. Oh and by the way, the man that killed the first wolf, did everything by the book. He used a mouth coyote call, which is totally legal. You can't use electronic calls.

Author: wolf howler

Total Posts: 3
Date Joined: 9/3/2009
Posted:
Edited On by wolf howler

To you wolve lover Chris..get your facts straight also before you pipe off about a sitution that you nothing about. Read this story, then maybe you'll have a few facts straight. All the sheep killed on this ranch, were all bucks. All killed on private land. Ya why should you and all the other wolve loving yuppies repay this rancher back for his loss. His sheep were on his private land grazing on the grass that he pays taxes on to grow. These wolves were shoved down his and mines throw, by you enviro yuppies. They aren't even native to this area, they are CANADIAN, i'm not CANADIAN...so ya why shouldn't you and SUZANNE STONE pay him back...and by the way..I'd like to see hard hard evidence of a bear or a mountain lion, murdering hundreds of animals like SUZANNE so knowledgably says they do..what a crock. Bears and lions actually consume what they kill, they don't kill for sport. Or should I say murder, as wolves do...

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

You are really wigging out.  Look again,  I said this,

"The bucks were on private land.  The ewes of this ranch btw graze on public land."

The whole article has already been posted.  I see you're skirting around the other information.

Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation shows all elk populations increased in the NRM region.

Author: keztrel
Total Posts: 1029
Date Joined: 7/5/2006
Posted:

even if he did do everything legal and by the book...why is he coming onto an anti wolf hunt site and boasting?...does that not show the level of intelligence we are dealing with?...none of us go onto sites and flame them...if its sensible debate he wants and wants to get his point across then why is he being so childish...i do understand the need to manage wolf packs but why not do it humanely...putting them to sleep etc etc..why the suffering...does that not show the cruelty in mankind who are supposed to be superior to animals....does it make you as hunters feel like men?...to shoot something and watch it die?...and while i,m writing...does he not understand that wolves kill the way they do due to their instinct...as predators...when will you get that into your head....we are all aware that wolves hunt,pick off and kill...to survive....just like humans did for centuries and still do today..although its called sport nowadays..yes its not pretty the way they do it...yes they tear apart their prey...but other animals benefit from the kills...its nature...we get it...we dont hold the wolf as a cuddly lets have one in our back yard type animal which he seems to think we do...misinformed he is for sure...too many times watching the nature programs that sprinkle sweet and light on a subject...we know how they hunt and kill...yes we do...but as a species we find them fascinating to the degree we want to help them as native americans did many many years ago...live in harmony with them...i know i will be called a tree hugger although i dont know why it doesnt even relate to wolves..thats a seperate issue.

FOR LAKOTA..OMEGA WOLF 

<< < 1 2 3 4 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Howling Wolf Bolo Tie
Howling Wolf Bolo Tie
View details for this Caring Wolves T Shirt -XXXL
Caring Wolves T Shirt -XXXL
View details for this Native Wolf wire earrings
Native Wolf wire earrings
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter