Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our Wolf gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfLover to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Pend Oreille wolf collared

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Pend Oreille wolf collared
<< < 1 2
Pend Oreille wolf collared
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Nakoowolf

Chris Says:

The wolf looks so drugged and disorientated.Broken Heart  The antenna sticking out the top of that huge awful collar.Sad  The official has no protective gloves while handling the wolf in the photo.  I wonder if that could be potentially harmful to the wild wolf.Watching from the sidelines 

I think that the collaring is more for "control" purposes so they can find them should any predation occur rather than a helpful "eye" purposes because there are non-intrusive howlboxes and fur catching pads that are very informative but don't allow for control (killing the wolf).

I actually think that Wolf looks pretty darn good for just starting to come out of anesthesia.  I do hate that they are keeping taps on him with that huge collar.  I doubt that the fact that the official has no gloves on will be harmful to the Wolf.  It will most likely be a great scent for the Wolf to share with the pack.  They will probably want to roll on him. Smile

I agree with you Chris that it is for control purposes and not in any way designed to "help" the wolf. Thumbs Down  This is something I would like to see stopped.  Very intrusive. SadBroken Heart

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

Dreamcatcher Says:
Say Chris are all satellite-tracking collars that big?Watching from the sidelines Seams to me that could enter fear with their daily living and hunting. Watching from the sidelines

Hi, Dreamcatcher.  Yes, that is the standard size used for wolves, large cats, or any mid-sized mammal.  It is large due to the size of the batteries (one is a backup) required to store the data, report transmission, operate the GPS receiver, run the VHF beacon and last a couple of years.   

Nakoowolf,

[quote]

It will most likely be a great scent for the Wolf to share with the pack.  They will probably want to roll on him. Smile

[quote]

Cause people are stinky?Wink

<< < 1 2
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Moon Antique Silver Earrings
Wolf Moon Antique Silver Earrings
View details for this Inner Circle Wolf Necklace
Inner Circle Wolf Necklace
View details for this Wolf Pack Zip Hoodie - S
Wolf Pack Zip Hoodie - S
View details for this Just Chillin Wolf Necklace
Just Chillin Wolf Necklace