Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Pend Oreille wolf collared

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Pend Oreille wolf collared
1 2 > >>
Pend Oreille wolf collared
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

An adult male wolf was captured and outfitted with a satellite-tracking collar in northern Pend Oreille Co. The collar will help state biologists monitor Washington's second confirmed wolf pack which has been named the "Diamond Pack." The 105-pound wolf is believed to be the pack's alpha male. Two pups were also caught, outfitted with ear tags and released. The wolves were caught in padded leg traps. The size of the pack is unknown at this time. Four pups, already coyote-sized, were on a recent picture taken by the motion-sensor camera.

source

all photos

update: more photos from WDF&W

Author: Alphawolf
Total Posts: 656
Date Joined: 11/13/2008
Posted:

Well I guess its good they're keeping an eye on them...

"If I had to live my life over... I would DARE to make more mistakes the next time." ~ Nadine Stair.

"We cannot Direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." ~Bertha Calloway

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

The wolf looks so drugged and disorientated.Broken Heart  The antenna sticking out the top of that huge awful collar.Sad  The official has no protective gloves while handling the wolf in the photo.  I wonder if that could be potentially harmful to the wild wolf.Watching from the sidelines 

I think that the collaring is more for "control" purposes so they can find them should any predation occur rather than a helpful "eye" purposes because there are non-intrusive howlboxes and fur catching pads that are very informative but don't allow for control (killing the wolf).

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

Yes, to me too the wolf  wasn't looking good and if what you say means  that the wild wolf and his pack will not be protected with that thing from killing of wolves  that is unnecessary torture for him,specially if he has to wear it foreverSad

Author: Dreamcatcher
Total Posts: 441
Date Joined: 1/5/2008
Posted:

Watching from the sidelines
Chris Says:

An adult male wolf was captured and outfitted with a satellite-tracking collar in northern Pend Oreille Co. The collar will help state biologists monitor Washington's second confirmed wolf pack which has been named the "Diamond Pack." The 105-pound wolf is believed to be the pack's alpha male. Two pups were also caught, outfitted with ear tags and released. The wolves were caught in padded leg traps. The size of the pack is unknown at this time. Four pups, already coyote-sized, were on a recent picture taken by the motion-sensor camera.

source

all photos

Say Chris are all satellite-tracking collars that big?Watching from the sidelines Seams to me that could enter fear with their daily living and hunting. Watching from the sidelines

1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Pup Friendship Card
Wolf Pup Friendship Card
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Winter Moon Long Sleeve Wolf Shirt - S
Winter Moon Long Sleeve Wolf Shirt - S
View details for this Walking Wolf Figurine
Walking Wolf Figurine
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted