Wolf Gifts
Spend $30 or more in our gift shop to receive 10% off the purchase price of your items.  Use discount code WolfGoods to take advantage of this offer.  A free Wolf Magnet comes with every order.  Howls!

Wildlife Group publishes state wolf-kill photos

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Wildlife Group publishes state wolf-kill photos
1 2 > >>
Wildlife Group publishes state wolf-kill photos
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

The animal rights group Defenders of Wildlife has included Alaska Department of Fish and Game photos from recent aerial wolf hunting in a new video call to its members to oppose the hunts. The group says it obtained the photos through a public records request after the state tried to use copyright law to prevent their release.  DOW believes the public has a right to know.

WARNING:  WARNING: These GRAPHIC PHOTOS show dead wolves -- the raw, horrible aftermath of Alaska's out-of-control aerial wolf-killing program.
On March 14, 2009 Alaska wildlife officials used helicopters and spotter planes to carry out Governor Sarah Palin's escalating wolf-killing program. The operation claimed the lives of 84 wolves -- and the killing only stopped when officials couldn't find any more wolves in the area.

source and photos  [scroll down for video]

Crying Protest Broken Heart

Previously on WHAP

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

I received this in an email from Defenders but didn't want to watch it.  I did today and I'm sorry I did.  It just really breaks my heart.  Even the pilot knows it's not right by what he said.  Alaska is out of hand and they tell lies big ones.  Yes, there were no pups for us to save this year because they killed all of the Mama's.  It had nothing to do if we were AZA certified or accredited, there were just no Wolf pups to save and they made that the reality.  MadPukeBroken HeartBroken HeartBroken Heart

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: muskyhusky
Total Posts: 7339
Date Joined: 7/29/2004
Posted:

It is an awful video, it needs to be sent to everyones friends so they can see what is going on in Alaska..CryingMadMadProtestProtest

80.gif picture by muskyhusky
Author: Dreamcatcher
Total Posts: 441
Date Joined: 1/5/2008
Posted:

This just made me sick. Like you Nakoowolf sometimes I don't like to see stuff like this but I too did watch and my heart stopped. How sick are those people up there.Protest

Author: Alphawolf
Total Posts: 656
Date Joined: 11/13/2008
Posted:

Puke Crying

"If I had to live my life over... I would DARE to make more mistakes the next time." ~ Nadine Stair.

"We cannot Direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." ~Bertha Calloway

1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Print 5x7
Wolf Print 5x7
View details for this Wolf High Top Shoes - 11
Wolf High Top Shoes - 11
View details for this Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 2T
Toddler Lone Wolf Hoodie - 2T
View details for this Wolf Motorized Raft
Wolf Motorized Raft
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter