Wolf Gifts
Use discount code MamaWolf at checkout to save 15% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

We are fostering a Coydog

Everything Wolf Forum >> Other Forums >> Show off your Furr Kidds >> We are fostering a Coydog
1 2 3 4 5 > >>
We are fostering a Coydog
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

The Water Valley Wildlife Rehabilitator called us to see if we could take in a Coydog that the Humane Society was holding temporarily.  If we couldn't, he would have been put down this Friday. The Big Dog and I went down to see him today and well, our next stop was Doc Harland's so we could make sure he had nothing contagious before we brought him to the Preserve.  He is severely malnourished nothing but skin, bones and furr.  He wasn't eating for them at all but they were trying to feed him dog food.  He ate a whole chicken leg and thigh as soon as we got him here.  We got all his shots done and had him wormed.  He is simply adorable but pretty weak.  Doc Harland believes he is around 6 months old and that he appears to have been on his own since he was weaned. He has some scars on his back legs that Doc felt suggested he was hit by a car.  He said this guy has had a very rough beginning.  He's as sweet as sweet could be. Broken Heart  Hopefully, we could nurse him back to health.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Lexa
Total Posts: 2727
Date Joined: 8/28/2006
Posted:

Awwwwwwwww, what a precious bear face! Love Kudos for taking him in. So how has he gotten along? Where does he stay?

wolflover.gif picture by guzza72

Posted:

Lexa Yolec Says:
Awwwwwwwww, what a precious bear face! Love Kudos for taking him in. So how has he gotten along? Where does he stay?

He is just darling but Lexa I've never seen an animal so skinny.  When I tell you he has no meat on his bones, I'm not exaggerating.  It's heartbreaking.  We thoroughly brushed (he was all matted) and gave him a bath last night. I could barely stand to touch him.  He is just all bones.  Luckily, he is eating heartily for us.  We feed him about every four hours and this morning I noticed he is actually getting some food in his belly.  Prior to that there was nothing there.  I've never, ever seen anything like this. Broken Heart  I do remember with our Wolves and Sarah that they do put on weight quickly once they are being fed properly and have been rid of parasites so hopefully, we will see a new little boy by next week.  We are keeping him crated in our house.  He's met all the dogs and they are fine with him.  The Wolves are so excited when I bring him out for his potty breaks.  He gives us some yips, yaps and tiny barks when he has to go and the Wolves always start howling when they hear him. Big Smile

Author: TheWolfIsLoose
Total Posts: 579
Date Joined: 7/28/2007
Posted:

Awww, he's a darling. Great work with him, how long have you got him for?

The timber wolves will be our friends
We'll stay up late andhowl,
At the moon, till nighttime ends,
Before going on the prowl

-Calvin, "Calvin and Hobbes"

Posted:

TheWolfIsLoose Says:
Awww, he's a darling. Great work with him, how long have you got him for?

He was transferred to our care permanently.  It's up to us if we want to foster or find him another home.  We need to get him healthy first and then we'll decide.  He's so cute.Love

1 2 3 4 5 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Alpha Female Scoop Neck T-shirt-XXL
Alpha Female Scoop Neck T-shirt-XXL
View details for this Birthday Joys Wolf Card
Birthday Joys Wolf Card
View details for this Wolf Silver Plated Jewelry Set
Wolf Silver Plated Jewelry Set
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter