Wolf Gifts
Use discount code MamaWolf at checkout to save 15% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

GSD Needs Help, Funds Needed

Everything Wolf Forum >> Siberian Husky Forums >> Siberian Huskies in need of Rescue >> GSD Needs Help, Funds Needed
GSD Needs Help, Funds Needed
Author: muskyhusky
Total Posts: 7339
Date Joined: 7/29/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

gideon1.jpg picture by muskyhuskyFrom: Saving Furry Friends,Inc™
Date: Nov 20, 2008 9:59 AM
----------------- Bulletin Message -----------------
Date: Nov 20, 2008 7:53 AM

If you are able to help with a donation plz go to link below a dollar can add up fast and plz keep this little one in your thoughts!!!!I am putting the pic's at the bottom as they are "extremely graphic"...........
Cathy
Gideon needs all the prayers, wishes, hope etc.he can get!!

Special Funds Needed!
Often, the decision to save a dog's life is determined by our ability to pay their medical bills!
We have not been able to assist as many medical cases as our hearts have wanted to
over the past couple of months due to a depleted medical fund.

Gideon Needs Your Help to Survive!

80.gif picture by muskyhusky
Posted:

CONTINUED:

Hi All,

I'm sending out this update to you all, as I know that you have large groups that you network with. My inbox is full of concerns/inquiries and instead of replying to all of them individually I thought I would send this to you and if you could send out to your group, that would be fantastic.

Thanks to all who have emailed regarding the OC Shelter White German Shepherd with the degloving injury. He is safe with us now, but he has a very long recovery ahead of him. It is believed that he was hit by a car and then dragged. He is missing most of the skin on his left side and pockets of skin are missing on his right side. His injury is a few days old and therefore there is a lot of necrotic skin. He is resting comfortably under the care of a wonderful vet team. Dr. Wheaton feels that even though this is the largest degloving injury he has ever seen....that with vet care, patience and a lot of love...we can pull him through! His recovery is going to be a minimum of 6 months.

We are now calling him Gideon, meaning strength. He is very stoic and although he is in unimaginable pain, he rests his head on your hands to look up to you for reassurance. He is no more than a year old and will be a stunning boy once he heals.

The next few days are critical for Gideon as they try to stabilize him clinically. He is on antibiotics, pain meds and fluid therapy. We need all of your well wises and paws crossed so that he can stay strong through this next crucial period.

80.gif picture by muskyhusky
Posted:

CONTINUED;

Attached are some pictures from today.....I warn you that the wound is not pretty.
We will continue to update his care and progress on our website, http://www. coastalgsr. org/

Any donations are greatly appreciated. The course of treatment could potentially exceed 8K. We simply had to give him the opportunity for a second chance.....he is so very deserving.

Donations can be sent to:
Coastal German Shepherd Rescue
PO Box 50726
Irvine, CA 92619

Paypal to
admin@coastalgsr.org

Thank you all and please keep Gideon in you thoughts!

Sincerely,
Tiffany Norton

Coastal German Shepherd Rescue
~Dedicated to Giving German Shepherds a Second Chance

Tammy Osborn

Adoption Partner Coordinator

OC Animal Care
714-935-6885 (direct)
714-935-6848 (main line)
714-935-6373 (fax)

tosborn@ochca.
com..........