Wolf Gifts
Use discount code MamaWolf at checkout to save 15% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

Puppies for beginners

Everything Wolf Forum >> Dog Forums >> Puppy Forum >> Puppies for beginners
Puppies for beginners
Author: Timber Wolf Jane
Total Posts: 5
Date Joined: 2/18/2018
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

I'm looking to get my first dog since I'm now in my own place.  Can anyone recommend a breed that is good for a novice.  We had outdoor dogs growing up but none inside our house.  I'm living in an apartment but there is plenty of open areas for walking and running with a doggie.  I love huskies but everyone tells me they wouldn't be a good fit for an apartment.Sad

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

Wow, that's a tough question, lol.  I don't know that there are any easy puppies.  Huskies are stubborn and do need to have plenty of exercise especially when they are young.  Whatever breed you decide, you should plan on crate training or you will come home to a torn up apartment.  Also, a pup can't be in a crate for long periods of time without having to void, so you will have to plan a trip home at least once during the day.  I suggest doing lots of research on breeds and puppies in general before you take the plunge.  Puppies are adorable but they are a lot of work, too.  You can always look into rescuing or adopting a dog from a local shelter.  Keep us posted.Dancing

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Scented Blueberry Plush Wolf
Scented Blueberry Plush Wolf
View details for this Howling Wolves Jacket - S
Howling Wolves Jacket - S
View details for this Wolf Infant Romper - Large
Wolf Infant Romper - Large
View details for this Winter Rally Wolf Long Sleeve T - L
Winter Rally Wolf Long Sleeve T - L
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted