Wolf Gifts
Use discount code MamaWolf at checkout to save 15% off orders $30 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

Torak's 6 hours of freedom

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Places to see Wolves >> Torak's 6 hours of freedom
Torak's 6 hours of freedom
Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Nakoowolf

A captive Berkshire Wolf took advantage of either an open gate or a damaged fence at the UK Wolf Conservation trust last week.  It wasn't clear how the Wolf escaped.  The founder of the trust said she felt someone deliberately left the gate open while another account said high winds blew part of the fence down.  Either way, Torak went exploring for 6 hours before he was captured by officers and staff from the trust.  Here is the link to the article which has a picture of this handsome Wolf and a video. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-berkshire-42730984

As a Wolf caretaker this has always been my greatest fear.Scared  I'm so glad that Torak is home safe and sound.Dancing

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Timber Wolf Jane
Total Posts: 5
Date Joined: 2/18/2018
Posted:

Do you think he was scared?  I'm sure the people who took care of him were.Scared  I'm glad he's home safe.Dancing

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Yes, I sure he was a bit freaked out!  First off, he was raised a captive Wolf so he doesn't have the tools to really survive in the wild.  Secondly, I think the area is pretty built up so lots of traffic and people.  Wolves are generally wary of new people and things.

I know his caregivers were frantic, I would be if this ever happened to one of our Wolves. In fact, it's my worse nightmare.Scared  My concern and I'm sure was theirs was if he got shot or hit by a car.  I'm just glad he made it back safely.

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Wolf Folding Picture Frame
Wolf Folding Picture Frame
View details for this Wolf Wine Holder
Wolf Wine Holder
View details for this Alpha Moon Wolf Long Sleeve TShirt-XL
Alpha Moon Wolf Long Sleeve TShirt-XL
View details for this Howlidays Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt S
Howlidays Wolf Long Sleeve T Shirt S
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted