Wolf Gifts

Big February Blowout Sale.  Watch for reduced prices, new items and use the discount code WolvesOnSale to get an additional 10% off of your purchase of $15.99 or moreHowls!

Legend of Kuekuatsheu

Everything Wolf Forum >> Other Forums >> Anything Goes >> Legend of Kuekuatsheu
Legend of Kuekuatsheu
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

"That night, as a wolf's howls were heard, she told him a legend about wolves.

"Why is the moon so lonely?"... Because she used to have a lover...His name was Kuekuatsheu [KOO A KOO OTT SOO] and they lived in the Spirit World together...And every night, they would wander the skies together, but one of the othe spirits was jealous.

Trickster wanted the moon for himself, so he told Kuekuatsheu that the moon has asked for flowers. He told him to come to our world and pick her some wild roses, but Kuekuatsheu, taking the shape of a dog, didn't know that once you leave the Spirit World, you can never go back. And every night, he looks up in the sky and sees the moon and howls her name. But - he can never touch her again. "She added that Kuekuatsheu meant "the wolverine."

~to this day the beasts of the earth still cry to the moon baying out their sorrows to their love of whom is now intangible forever...

Legend of Kuekuatsheu (pronounced: KOO A KOO OTT SOO) by the Innu Nation was also spoken about in the movie; 'Xmen Origins: Wolverine'

The Innu were one of the first North American peoples to encounter European explorers.

for other Native American Legends; whap thread from our archives

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

That is nice and sad legend Chris,Lovethanks for posting

Author: Sharona

Total Posts: 3916
Date Joined: 5/26/2004
Posted:

Love this Chris!! I miss the old legend threadWatching from the sidelines Thanks for reposting...I really need to spend more time on the forum! I am inviting a friend from high school who does animal rescue, LOVES Wolves and everything Native American.....

I have had so much negativity and stress the past few years and I am finally getting back to the old meDancingDancingDancing

Love ya'll so muchLove

Sharona

zIv7QOE6xC.gif picture by sharona47
Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

Hi,SharonaBig Smile,I'm happy for you starting feel better,wish you all bestLove,I love Native americans tooSmile

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Posted:

I'm glad you liked the folktale, wolfy.  I remembered you said you liked them.Smile

Hi, Sharona, I thought of you when I heard it because I learned so many from you.  I am glad to see you my friend and glad to hear things are better.  You were missed & always thought about.  Looking forward to seeing you and, any friend of yours, is a friend of mine.  C'mon down. tee-hee does she love to dance?  you know like the PRB dance?Big Smile  lol 

It's always easier paddling through choppy waters with someone.  I Love you, too.

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Yin Yang Wolf T Shirt - XL
Yin Yang Wolf T Shirt - XL
View details for this In the Purple Rain Wolf T Shirt-XXL
In the Purple Rain Wolf T Shirt-XXL
View details for this Wolf Hand Puppet
Wolf Hand Puppet
View details for this Owning the Moon long sleeve Childs shirt-CM
Owning the Moon long sleeve Childs shirt-CM
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted
For Assistance Call 662-316-9961