Wolf Gifts
Use discount code Wolfpups at checkout to save 10% off orders $25 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

Humane soc. sparks outrage by euthanizing kitten over $

Everything Wolf Forum >> Other Animal Forums >> Caring for Animals >> Humane soc. sparks outrage by euthanizing kitten over $
Humane soc. sparks outrage by euthanizing kitten over $
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

The Humane Society cited policy when it declined to accept a credit card over the phone from Dockery's mother in Michigan or to wait for her to wire the money. The staff said if he signed papers surrendering the cat, Scruffy would be treated and put in foster care, he said.

Instead, Scruffy was euthanized several hours later.

full article here

Scruffy's photo

video response from the humane society

The response outraged me further.  Btw, donations are accepted by credit card.  They changed policy to accept credit card payments.  Big Deal!!  And that seems to come only after activists pointed it out and pulled funds. 

I post this atrocity because I believe it happens more than people know.  It happened to me.  Not a humane society facility but a 24 hour emergency hospital, animal hospice & temporary placement for homeless animals. Please be careful even if the word rescue appears.  So sad.Mad  RIP Scruffy.Broken Heart 

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Sister Wolves Prints, set of 12
Sister Wolves Prints, set of 12
View details for this Wolf Print 8x10
Wolf Print 8x10
View details for this Blue Moon Wolf Tote Bag
Blue Moon Wolf Tote Bag
View details for this Wolf Head Mug
Wolf Head Mug
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted
For Assistance Call 662-316-9961