Wolf Gifts
Use discount code WolfHowl at checkout to save 10% off orders $20 and over.  A free Wolf Magnet is included with every order.   

Tragedy in Ohio

Everything Wolf Forum >> Other Animal Forums >> Caring for Animals >> Tragedy in Ohio
1 2 > >>
Tragedy in Ohio
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:

ZANESVILLE, Ohio (AP) -- Townspeople cowered indoors Wednesday as deputies with high-powered rifles hunted down and killed lions, bears and dozens of other exotic beasts that escaped from a wild-animal preserve after the owner threw their cages open and committed suicide.

The preserve in Zanesville had lions, tigers, cheetahs, wolves, giraffes, camels and bears. Lutz called the animals "mature, very big, aggressive" but said a caretaker told authorities they had been fed on Monday.

Police gave the order to shoot the animals dead amid fears tranquilising would be too dangerous

Police have shot and killed dozens of exotic animals that escaped from a private zoo in Zanesville, Ohio.

Bears, tigers, lions and wolves escape from Ohio Zoo

source

omg, awfulSadCrying

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

Horrible, I'm so sad for all the animals. Broken HeartCrying

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

That is awful scary storyScaredCrying,I feel sorry for  these animals Broken Heart,how they have to pay for all like everSad

Author: wolfdog
Total Posts: 2202
Date Joined: 4/8/2007
Posted:

Broken HeartCrying I was heartbroken and horrified when I heard this on the news yesterday. It's a shame that authorities concluded there was no option other than to kill most of the escaped animals, and that animal experts support that decision. Sad

"If the wolf is to survive, the wolf haters must be outnumbered. They must be outshouted, outfinanced, and out voted. Their narrow and biased attitude must be outweighed by an attitude based on an understanding of natural processes."
~L. David Mech

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts: 17094
Date Joined: 5/21/2004
Posted:

wolfdog Says:
Broken HeartCrying I was heartbroken and horrified when I heard this on the news yesterday. It's a shame that authorities concluded there was no option other than to kill most of the escaped animals, and that animal experts support that decision. Sad

I heard one report that some of the animals were trying to get back in their enclosures. Broken HeartCrying

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

1 2 > >>
From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this Lone Wolf Charm Bracelet
Lone Wolf Charm Bracelet
View details for this Rival Wolves T Shirt - XL
Rival Wolves T Shirt - XL
View details for this Wolf Print 5x7
Wolf Print 5x7
View details for this Wolf Framed Easel Magnet - Chito
Wolf Framed Easel Magnet - Chito
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter