Wolf Gifts
Use discount code Howlidays at checkout to save 10% off orders $25 and over.  Seasons Greetings and Howls to you and your Pack!

Reinhard Wolf remains found

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> Reinhard Wolf remains found
Reinhard Wolf remains found
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts: 11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic.
Posted:
Edited On by Auntie P.

He has since 2006 repeatedly caused a stir: The wolf in North Hesse Reinhard forest. Now his remains have been found.

The wolf was found in a strongly decaying state on Wednesday, said the Environment Ministry on Thursday. "The animal is probably dead for over a month," said Forest Service Director Norbert Teuwsen.

How the animal died, we do not know yet.  Signs of external trauma were not detected, Teuwsen. The Forest Service closed head but not that the wolf was hit and died of internal injuries. The carcass was about 500 yards from a road was found removed. The remains are to be examined by a veterinarian in detail.

The wolf dog had been spotted first time in 2006 after he immigrated from the Lausitz.  It was the first wolf that was seen for over 150 years in Hessen.  was the last sign of life in mid-February, when he had replied to the howl of the wolf pack in the zoo Sababurg so Teuwsen.

With the emergence of the wolf conservationists had linked the hope that other animals could meet to form a pack.

original source  (includes video and photo)

translated from German to English

At least 5 years old but I wonder what happened.SadWatching from the sidelines  The average lifespan for a gray wolf in the wild is 5 to 6 years but some have been known to live up to 13 years. 

Author: wolfy
Total Posts: 1423
Date Joined: 7/3/2009
Posted:

I'm sending to his soul all my best thoughts and loveLoveChris i didn't know that the wolves are living less than the dogs with so big difference.

Posted:

Yes, I know, wolfy, it is so short.  The wolf must have a tough life out in the wild.  When cared for in captivity wolves live about 16 years.

Author: MelanieL
Total Posts: 64
Date Joined: 2/5/2011
Posted:

Forest Service Director Norbert Teuwsen, who was studying the wolf for a long time, doesn´t believe that the wolf could have died from a natural cause. Source (german)  ,  Source (translated into english via Google)

The remains of the wolf will be examined by veterinarians, but the examination will take some time, so we have to wait. Sad enough that he had to die prematurely, I just hope that  the cause of his death will be brought to light.

Posted:

6/20/11, update...

"Wolf died of natural causes.  Necropsy of the Wolf found no outside influences."

source

translated

I'm not convinced that in a strongly decaying state of about a month a conclusive report can be made. 

Run Free Now Broken Heart 

From Our Wolf Gift Shop
View details for this River Wolf Cedar Box
River Wolf Cedar Box
View details for this Wolf Wood Pin
Wolf Wood Pin
View details for this Wolf Dreamcatcher Poster Print
Wolf Dreamcatcher Poster Print
View details for this Yin-Yang Wolf T Shirt - M
Yin-Yang Wolf T Shirt - M
Share Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
Credit Cards Accepted