Home  
Sign In | View Your CartView Cart | FAQ | Wolf Newsletter

Wolf Gifts In Stock

1,000 mile travelling wolf 341F found dead

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> 1,000 mile travelling wolf 341F found dead
1   2   3   Next  Last
1,000 mile travelling wolf 341F found dead
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts:11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic. Posted:
Edited On by Nakoowolf

I am deeply saddened to report that the little beauty female wolf, 314F, travelling her heart out to find a mate, has been found dead.Crying

Here are the details from the USFWS:

Law Enforcement and Related Activities

The radio collar transmissions from the female wolf travelling in Northwestern CO stopped moving at the end of March, 2009. Investigators from the Colorado Division of Wildlife and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service responded and retrieved her carcass. Those investigators are working toward determining the cause of death, which was unknown as of April 8th, 2009. Anyone with information regarding the death of this wolf is urged to call the Colorado Division of Wildlife at 1-877-COLO-OGT or the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service at 970 257-0795.

source  Broken Heart

Previously on WHAP

Author: Alphawolf
Total Posts:656
Date Joined: 11/13/2008

Crying Broken Heart RUN FREE GIRL, RUN FREE!!!!!!! CryingBroken Heart

"If I had to live my life over... I would DARE to make more mistakes the next time." ~ Nadine Stair.

"We cannot Direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." ~Bertha Calloway

Author: Nakoowolf
Total Posts:16961
Date Joined: 5/21/2004

Crying Broken Heart  Chris, I'm so sick about this.  Sounds to me like it must have been foul play.  I don't understand how people can be so heartless.  What a brave soul she was and so determined to make her own family.  CryingCrying  My heart is breaking with the loss of this girl.Broken Heart

photo courtesy of Montana Fish & Wildlife

Wolf figurines, Wolf t shirt, Wolf pictures

Author: Alphawolf
Total Posts:656
Date Joined: 11/13/2008

Oh, poor girl. She musty of dies because of Exhaustion, Getting too heated, and traveling so long, OH POOR GIRL1!!

"If I had to live my life over... I would DARE to make more mistakes the next time." ~ Nadine Stair.

"We cannot Direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails." ~Bertha Calloway

Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts:11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006

It is not unusual for young wolves to travel great distances looking for a mate and a new territory.  1,000 miles since September would not have exhausted or over-heated her.  Wolves have highly developed stamina and are able to trot 20 miles in a day.

1   2   3   Next  Last
Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> 1,000 mile travelling wolf 341F found dead

Follow Us On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter  Share on Myspace Myspace Subscribe to me on YouTube Youtube                 
Contact Us      Privacy Policy      Wolf Howl Guarantee      Shipping Rates      Payment Methods      Link to EverythingWolf
Site Design by 355 Data Systems LLC - Custom website design
Copyright ©2013 Wolf Howl Animal Preserve, LLC. A for profit, corporation located in Mississippi.

3758 users have contributed to 10949 threads and 75475 posts.

In the past 24 hours:
 0 New Threads
 0 New Posts
 0 New Users

In the past 3 days the thread with the most posts is .

Please welcome our newest member Kunno [Wolf].

Forum Rules