Home  
Sign In | View Your CartView Cart | FAQ | Wolf Newsletter

Wolf Gifts In Stock

What does the Wolf say?

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> What does the Wolf say?
What does the Wolf say?
Author: Auntie P.
Total Posts:11361
Date Joined: 7/15/2006
Reply to topic and quote this item. Reply to this topic. Posted:

"Ahwoooooooooo!" the little girl howls, speaking the universal language of wolf.

This 21st century little Red Riding Hood girl is not in danger, her father doesn't have to kill a wolf to prove his power or manhood; and most importantly of all, the child is speaking for wolf. For wildness and a new generation of tolerance. To speak the language of another species, to howl like a wolf, is to embody empathy. And evolution.

Sometimes popular culture can expose and also help evolve our prejudices. An example is our ever-shifting attitudes toward wolves. "Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood," a new car commercial opens with the throaty pop song as a sleek, red car zooms along a darkly wooded highway.

The Red Riding Car commerical is like an advertising version of a very old Native American lesson taught by many tribes. For indigenous peoples, Wolf is sacred; she teaches independence, but also loyalty and fierce family bonds. The late Native teacher, Paula Underwood, an Iroquois oral historian, told the story passed down to her from generations of elders:  "Who Speaks for Wolf" This story asks those with trigger-itch prejudice against wolves to stop, like the father, and carefully consider his children's future. Imagine an ecosystem again stripped of wolves, without another top predator to help balance this green world.

Volvo commercial link direct to youtube

full huffingtonpost article

Author: wolfy
Total Posts:1421
Date Joined: 7/3/2009

HI,Auntie P.,just want to tell you how much I love you and miss you,my friendLove,love to reads from youSmile

Author: wolfy
Total Posts:1421
Date Joined: 7/3/2009

HI,Auntie P.,just want to tell you how much I love you and miss you,my friendLove,love to reads from youSmile

Everything Wolf Forum >> Wolf Forums >> Wolf News >> What does the Wolf say?

Follow Us On: Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter  Share on Myspace Myspace Subscribe to me on YouTube Youtube                 
Contact Us      Privacy Policy      Wolf Howl Guarantee      Shipping Rates      Payment Methods      Link to EverythingWolf
Site Design by 355 Data Systems LLC - Custom website design
Copyright ©2013 Wolf Howl Animal Preserve, LLC. A for profit, corporation located in Mississippi.

3759 users have contributed to 10949 threads and 75476 posts.

In the past 24 hours:
 0 New Threads
 1 New Posts
 0 New Users

In the past 3 days the thread with the most posts is All New Wolves Tributes Wolf Howl Animal Preserve, LLC.

Please welcome our newest member Kunno [Wolf].

Forum Rules